This page has a list of useful resources.
If you know of other relevant resources, please get in touch so we can add them to this page.
General information for families starting out
Rainbow Family Council: is a volunteer community organisation that supports and promote equality for ‘rainbow’ families (parents and prospective parents who identify as lesbian, gay, bi, transgender or intersex, and their children). Rainbow Family Council has a wonderful collection of fact sheets for prospective families, covering topics from legal implications to emotional considerations
Click here – Information for prospective lesbian parents – to see their information package for Prospective Lesbian Parents
Click here – See their full list of fact sheets for prospective families – to see their information package for Prospective Families
KHQ Lawyers are proud sponsors of PLP. Kristina Antoniades from their Family & Relationship Law team is the co-facilitator of PLP and also a family law specialist on all LGBTI family law matters. As a proud member of the GLBTI community, Kristina Antoniades is in a unique position to truly understand issues that affect the GLBTI community and ensures that her clients are properly represented. Her experience includes (but is not limited to):
- Drafting and implementing Donor Agreements
- Advising prospective parents in relation to Surrogacy Agreements (both in Australia and internationally)
- Advising parents (both biological and non-biological) in relation to children’s matters including matters involving known donors and unknown donors
- Negotiating parenting arrangements in co-parenting relationships involving two or more parents
- Assisting parents in obtaining parental responsibility in Australia for children born as a result of an international surrogacy arrangement
- Property matters that arise after the breakdown of a relationship; and
- Binding Financial Agreements (“pre-nuptial” agreements)
DocLIST: A list of doctors and mental health professionals recommended by lesbian and bisexual women.
Gay & Lesbian Switchboard: a volunteer organisation which provides a free, confidential and anonymous telephone counselling, referral and information service for the Victorian and Tasmanian gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex (GLBTI) community and its supporters.